Lavender is considered to be the Mother of essential oils. The gentleness of lavender encourages compassion while it also helps to soothe deep sadness. Lavender brings emotional balance, comforting both practitioners and clients alike. The calming effects invite rest and sleep, making lavender very popular in spa like settings as well as other holistic practices. Here are 10 tips on how you can use lavender to help heal the spirit:
1. Buy organic lavender products. Avoid introducing pollutants to your body. Use purity to bring about purity!
2. Clear your energetic field by smearing a few drops of Lavender essential oil down the arch of the foot.
3. Balance energetic field by gently massaging a few drops of Lavender essential oil on the outer left ear.
4. Lavender resonates especially well with the heart chakra, which also holds LOVE related emotions such as Forgiveness and Compassion.
5. Brings Harmony when blended with Juniper, Clary Sage and Geranium essential oils.
6. As a flower essence Lavender has positive qualities of assisting spiritual sensitivity, while balancing the feeling of over-stimulation.
7. When blended with a carrier oil it can be used to anoint the body. Look for carrier oils that are organic, cold-pressed and virgin.
8. Anoint the heart chakra to receive love. Apply anointing oil using a clockwise motion to bring love in.
9. Lavender resonates with the crown chakra as well, relating to universal consciousness. Anoint the top of the forehead using a downward motion. This motion is symbolic of bringing the spirit into the body.
10. When using essential oils for spiritual purposes it is important to handle them with deep respect. To cleanse the energies of the oils back to purity, pour them into a himalayan salt votive holder. Leave the oil in the votive holder overnight to purify. The next day very carefully (use a small funnel) return the oil to its bottle. Store in a dark bottle, away from heat and light. *Note- This should be done immediately after purchase. You never know who has been handling the oils and what type of energy has been influencing it.