The Art of Sacred Sites Travel
Finding Your True-Self Through Spiritual Adventure
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
Traveling to Sacred Sites is becoming a new way to experience the world, one that takes us beyond the ordinary routes and into deeper exploration. It is the journey that provides the opportunity to discover not only ancient lands, but also to discover more of ourselves.
We find that we feel called to visit ancient temples of the gods and goddesses, shrines and places of worship, mysterious mountains known for their power. We go to wells, fountains and waterfalls, places with healing properties in their waters. These sacred sites of ancient times hold a power and an energy that opens us to deeper awareness and connection with the Divine.Through the journey we begin seeing the world through new eyes. We see that people everywhere have common needs, loves and desires. As we connect with other cultures and begin to also see their challenges, their strengths, their beauty and their hearts.
Along the way we hear of the stories and legends that have been almost lost and forgotten with time. We reawaken to old practices of honoring the Earth, the seasons, the elements and nature. We learn the archetypes that the gods and goddesses represent and their attributes that we can embrace and also embody.
“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” — Miriam Beard
Sacred Sites Adventures Open UsThrough the adventure we open to deeper levels of ourselves as we begin to lessen our hold on our outward ideas of reality and journey inward, into ourselves. We are out of the comforts and security of our daily lives. Our patterns and habits are interrupted and it becomes an excellent opportunity to open to what is new.
The spiritual journey gives us a chance to look deeper into self, at what we do and why. We can more easily see through our illusions and the masks and roles we play and find what is behind them.
Sacred and spiritual travel provide the opportunity for transformation on all levels. As Henry Miller put it, “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
How do we bring the Sacred into our Travels?
When you feel called to get out and explore the Sacred Sites of the world, you will find that the moment you decide and commit to your journey, it has already begun.
Your preparation and awareness can help you get the most from the experience. These simple steps will bring in more connection with the Sacred as you travel:
- Let intuition be your guide. Give yourself permission to go off the beaten path, ignore the schedule, and follow your Spirit. You will be surprised at the gifts the come your way when you allow magic to do it’s work.
- Pay attention to synchronicities and follow them. You may meet someone new that may open a new path or direction for you.
- Your heart is your guide. What would you love to do? What brings you joy? Have you always wanted to visit Egypt, or Peru, or Stonehenge? Do it! When you commit to your desires the Universe will help you manifest them.
- Open to all of your senses. Feel, sense, imagine – listen to the sounds around you, the rustle of the trees, the chirping of birds, the wind blowing, the streams flowing. Put your hands on the ancient stone monuments and temples, close your eyes and see where they take you. The stones hold ancient memory.
- Your Sacred Journey isn’t about just running from place to place … it’s the time between the action … you may get more from the experience if you take it easy, slow down your itinerary, take more time at the sacred sites, enjoy time for resting and reflection. Take a quiet day in the midst of all the sacred sites you visit.
- Bring a journal and reflect on what insights come to you. Think about how you can bring these discoveries back into your daily life. Insights and new ways of seeing things are the messages from spirit. They may come right away, or may come later.
- Hold sacred space for yourself and allow whatever comes to come. Even the challenging energies are telling us something. You may feel very stressed or challenged as old energies arise and move out of you. Be the observer, hold whatever comes and let it be. It may be an old energy pattern that is ready to move on, if so just let it go.
As you travel, consider new ways of looking at the world. Expand your thoughts, your ideas, and your awareness. Travel with an open heart and with conscious awareness and you will discover a world that is beyond what you’ve seen and become accustomed to.
If you’re feeling called to journey to a new land, to discover something new, listen to the calling. Your transformation begins as you step out your door. Let yourself go, let yourself be changed!
Read our Sacred Sites Travel Blog to discover more about Sacred Sites Travel and how to get the most from your adventure.
Ixchel Tucker is a ceremonialist, transformation facilitator and spiritual guide and counselor. She lives life as a Sacred Quest. Her journeys have taken her to Sacred Sites around the world, landing in Mexico, where she lives part of the year. Her passion is to help others open to their own Sacred Self. She has founded Adventure Quests International as a vehicle to guide others on their own Mystical and Sacred Journeys.
Adventure Quests on FACEBOOK
Please Feel Free To:
✔Comment ✔Like ✔Share