“Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.” -Voltaire
Today’s Science of Mind Study is based around a specific meditation. The study guide that comes with The Science of Mind the book is designed in such a way that you can familiarize yoursel
And here is some very important information to consider regarding general meditation:f with the philosophy not simply through reading the passages but also through meditations that are found in the directory in the back of the book.
1) People who meditate are generally less stressed out. This is knowledge that is now being backed up by medical science. Psychologists have found that regular meditation actually lowers the amount of cortisol, the stress hormone in the person who is engaging in it.
2) Practicing mindfulness allows us to focus better and keep our minds on task. By practicing a few minutes per day focusing your mind on a specific objective, (or in some cases, focusing on nothing at all), the mind becomes calmer and laser focused with regular practice.
3) According to another psychological study published by Perspectives on Psychological Science, regular meditation can help you to increase your body awareness, self-awareness, regulation of emotion and regulation of attention.
4) Some studies even suggest that meditation can help lower your health care costs. Transcendental meditation has been linked to lower health care costs in the patients that participated in it over those who did not.
5) It just makes you feel good. People who meditate are generally happier, more focused, and feel more energized.
So now that we’ve talked about the benefits of meditation, let’s talk about the passage for today.
Dr. Ernest Holmes is referring to the freedom that comes from recognizing that the perfect Divine Source inside you cannot be hindered by false habits. Here are his words as they are found in today’s passage:
“There are no vicious false habits.
Every desire of my thought and heart is satisfied in the Truth.
I do not long for anything nor feel the lack of anything.
I am complete within myself; I am perfect within myself; I am happy and satisfied within myself.
I am One with All Life within me.
I am free.”
Now, you may want to record this passage and replay it during your own meditation time and contemplate the perfection of your Divine Self while it is playing back to you. This can be a helpful guided meditation that allows you to see yourself as the Divine God Creation that you are. Allow yourself to be freed by the understanding that everything is showing up in your life exactly as it should and that the Universe is on your side. Really allow yourself to be liberated by this understanding. When you have everything provided for you and you know when to take sustenance from the Great Mother, how can you live from any other place than gratitude?
Your Goodness is here now. Embrace it and walk with the Light of your Eternal BEing.