The Healing Power of Crystals
Crystals are often seen as pretty gemstones or other bright, colorful and even “blingy” rocks that grace the jewelry we wear. But some believe that crystals have powers that go far beyond simply looking good. Crystalology, or the study and use of crystals in order to enhance life or heal the body, has become popular among those looking for a more natural way to connect with the world.
Crystalogists are experts who can help you learn to heal your body and mind through the use of crystals that correspond with chakras, or energy rings around the body. But there are ways that you can start healing yourself with the power of crystals right now.
Trust Your Instincts
There are many things crystals can do for you. Let’s start with the basics; talking about what crystals do for you even if you don’t believe in their healing powers. A person will be naturally drawn to gemstones and jewelry that speaks to them, but why does it speak to them? They are being drawn to the particular crystal in that jewelry, and feel a need to keep it close to them. That’s why favorite rings are often made of certain gemstones that appeal to the wearer, and they might hate to take them off or feel naked when they are without them.
So trust your instincts! The crystals that make you feel most alive and content are the ones you are supposed to have.
How Do Crystals Work?
You can take these steps to help heal yourself with the power of crystals:
- Add crystals to your bath water. This can help draw out negativity and cleanse you, not only in body but also in spirit. Good options for this include clear quartz, rose quartz and amethyst.
- Put them under your pillow. Crystals can help ward off insomnia, help you avoid nightmares and give you pleasant dreams.
- Put them around the room. Crystals are said to have healing powers even when they are in your general vicinity, so put them on your desk, beside your bed and in your kitchen. There is no hard-and-fast rule about where to put them. Trust your intuition.
- Make gem water. Gem water is simply made by immersing safe crystals or gems in water overnight, then sipping the revitalized water the next day. Make sure you use a gem or crystal that is not toxic!
- Make gem essences. These essences use the power of sunlight to activate them. Put a crystal in water, just enough to cover it, and set it in bright sunlight for two hours. Then pour the crystal water into a small bottle, fill the bottle halfway, and then fill the rest with brandy. This essence can be sipped when needed.
There are many other methods to use for healing, including the laying of crystals on the body to stimulate certain energies. If you aren’t sure how to do this, turn to a healer who has experience with crystals and body chakras.